Frequently Asked Questions – Campus Photo ID Cards

ID Cards

I'm a new student. How can I get an ID card?

You will need to be currently registered (not waitlisted) in at least 0.5 units at Fullerton College, and you will need to have purchased the campus ID card (see “How do I purchase a Fullerton College Campus ID Card?” question below for more information). Your first ID card of the semester will charge $7.00.

Afterwards, come to the Student Center (Building 200, Room 214) with the following:

  1. A valid government issued ID card (e.g., driver’s license, state ID, passport, high school ID if issued within the last 2 years). Note that we must see the physical card itself; we cannot take a picture of an ID
  2. A hard copy of your current semester Schedule/Bill. Instructions on printing out your Schedule/Bill can be found here.


How do I purchase a Fullerton College Campus ID Card?

Students can purchase a Fullerton College ID card either one of two ways:

    1. Purchase it in-person at Admissions and Records (Building 2000, first floor)
    2. Purchase it online through MyGateway


To purchase it online through MyGateway:

    1. Go to MyGateway:
    2. Under “Registration Tools“, click on “Add or Drop Classes, or purchase parking, AS, or ID
    3. Select the current term
    4. Click on “Complete Registration
    5. Select “Campus ID Card
    6. Select “Confirm Purchase
    7. Select “Fullerton College
    8. Optional: You may also purchase “AS Benefits” for the current term. This is not a mandatory purchase, and for more information, see “What is AS Benefits?” down below under the “Fees” section of this FAQs page
    9. Complete the online payment with your debit/credit card. To receive your ID card, you must pay the full $7.00 for your Campus ID card. You will not need to pay for any other fees if you have them to get an ID card (e.g., Health Fee, Transportation Fee, Class Registration Fee, etc.)
I lost my ID card. What do I do?

If you have lost your ID card on campus, please check with the Student Center (Room 214) to check our Lost and Found ID Cards. 

If you have already received an ID card for the current semester, you will need to purchase a replacement ID card at Admission & Records (currently, there is no way to purchase a replacement ID card online). The replacement fee will run $14.00. After paying the replacement fee, please keep hold of the receipt and come to the Student Center (Room 214) for your replacement ID card. 

I have an ID card from a previous semester. Can I use that?

If you have an ID card from a previous semester, you do not need to purchase a new ID card for the current semester.

Please bring your old ID card and a hard copy of your current semester Schedule/Bill to the Student Center (Room 214) to receive a validation sticker that will revalidate your ID card for usage for the current semester.

I don't have a physical valid ID. What can I do?

The following counts as valid ID cards:

  1. Digital mDL through the DMV app
  2. Physical driver’s license
  3. State ID
  4. Passport
  5. High school ID (if you a recent high school graduate)
  6. Other college’s ID

If you do not have any form of physical valid ID card, please contact us at for further assistance.

Please note that we cannot accept pictures of valid ID cards. We must see the physical ID itself.

I'm not taking any classes. Can I get an ID card?

Only students enrolled in at least 0.5 units for the current semester may receive an ID card. Please note that waitlisted classes do not count as being actively enrolled.


How much is the ID/Replacement ID card?

The first ID card you purchase during a semester is $7.00. Each Replacement ID card is $14.00.

What is AS Benefits?

AS Benefits is an optional fee of $15.00 students may pay every semester to receive additional benefits both on and off campus in forms such as student discounts. Students without AS Benefits status may still utilize their ID card to its fullest function on campus (e.g. checking out books/equipment, computer labs, academic support centers, free attendance at home athletics events, etc.).

How much is AS Benefits?

AS Benefits is $15.00 for Fall and Spring semester. For the Summer session, it is $7.50.

What is this "Transportation Fee", and can I get it removed?

The Transportation Fee is a mandatory fee placed by Fullerton College on every actively enrolled student’s account to pay for the OCTA Bus Pass. In 2019, a referendum was held, and the student body voted to keep the Transportation Fee to cover the costs of providing public transportation for students. As this was a decision made by the student body, Student Life and Leadership cannot remove or waive the fee from your account.

However, this does mean that you can access the OCTA Bus Pass on either the OC Bus App or an encoded ID card (only one encoded card per semester) to ride the OC buses an unlimited number of times per semester.

Note: If you are under dual enrollment status, you may be exempt from the fee. Please see your dual enrollment officer for more information.


What is the Free Meal Program at Fullerton College for Fall 2024?

The Meal Program is a program headed by Sodexo to provide free meals to Fullerton College students. Students can use their campus ID card to pay for food at the cafeteria up to a certain limit each day. To take advantage of the Meal Program, students must have a Fullerton College ID card, which will require the student to be currently enrolled in at least 0.5 units.

Details to note:

  1. As of today (8/10/2023), Student Life and Leadership has been informed that the daily credit is $12.00, but please be aware that the amount may be subject to change
  2. The Meal Program will only apply to food provided by Sodexo, so it will not apply to third party organizations such as Starbucks
  3. The daily credit does not roll over to the next day and will reset at the beginning of each day
I can't get the OC Bus App. Is there any other option?

If you cannot download the OC Bus App, you can alternatively encode your Fullerton College ID card with the OCTA Bus Pass. Please come to the Student Center (Room 214) and request for ID card encoding during our hours of operation.

HOWEVER, please note that Student Life and Leadership expressly recommends that you download the OC Bus App rather than getting your ID card encoded for the following reasons:

  1. We can only encode one ID per semester, so if you lose the ID card, we cannot encode any replacement ID cards for the rest of the semester
  2. You must get your ID card encoded every semester you wish to utilize the service while the app will distribute a pass automatically every semester
  3. Students can only have their ID card encoded or the OC Bus App at a time, but not both, and it is more likely that you will lose your ID card than your phone

Updated as of 09/21/2023